Client Complaint Procedure

We try hard to deliver excellent customer service and ensure that your transactions complete smoothly.  If we do make a mistake, detailed below are the steps we will take to put things right.

Stage 1

If you are dissatisfied with the service we have provided, please call 01132 207400 and ask to speak to the Team Manager/Team Leader responsible for your matter as detailed in our Welcome Pack. Our Team Managers are keen to hear of your concerns and in most cases will be able to resolve the matter for you.


Stage 2

If the Team Manager has not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction it can be progressed further by writing to our Complaints Officer, Pauline Dixon, at or our address for correspondence.

  • We will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt.
  • A full investigation and independent review of your matter will be conducted and a response provided within 28 days.
  • If your complaint is of a complex nature, we may require more time. If this is the case we will let you know when you will receive a full response.


Stage 3

In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome, or the way your complaint has been handled, you may write to the Director, Glen Kermode at either or our address for correspondence. Glen Kermode will inform you of his conclusions and any alternative proposals to resolve your complaint, usually within 28 days of a matter being referred to him.


Stage 4

If we have been unable to resolve your complaint you may take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ (Telephone No. 0300 555 0333 or email

Your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman should be made:

  • within 6 months of receiving a final response from us about your complaint; or
  • within 6 years from the date of the act or omission giving rise to the complaint; or
  • • within 3 years from the date you should reasonably have known there were grounds for complaint (if the act/omission took place before 6 October 2010 or was more than 6 years ago).


Stage 5

If you are unhappy with the response from the Legal Ombudsman then under the EU Consumer ADR Directive 2015 you have the right to make a complaint to the ADR direct (copy link provided below)

Visit The ADR Website

We will always try to settle your complaint internally. Alternative complaints bodies, such as Ombudsman Services exist, which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

We agree to use Ombudsman Services.